Women in Appsec (WIA)
The Women in AppSec program is for anyone who believes that diversity is important to the success of the organization, as well as for women looking to learn more about AppSec or who want to make career connections with like-minded colleagues. This includes female undergraduate and graduate students, instructors, developers, and professionals who are dedicated to information security or application development.
Goal of Owasp Women In Appsec
- To create a community where women can speak freely about their interests in cyber security
- To provide a safe platform for women to offer and/or receive professional mentorship; and
- To train women who are new to the industry
Ways you can help:
- Encourage the amazing speakers and trainers you know to apply.
- Forward our call for papers to your local affinity groups and ensure that they know OWASP is an inclusive place to speak.
- Speak at your local affinity group’s meetings about the opportunities at OWASP and invite them to attend local meetings and events.
- Suggest ways that the onsite conference experience can be more welcoming and supportive
WIA will be offering during the conference:
- complimentary hands- on training class, May 28, 2019.
- WIA room, May 29-30, MR-4
- Careers luncheon, May 29
- Mentorship Lunch, May 30