Call for Papers
The Call for Papers has now closed. Thank you for your excellent submissions!
- First round of submission closes: February 24th
- Accepted talks will be announced by: March 10th
- Second round of submission closes: April 10th
- Accepted talks will be announced by: April 24th
- Conference dates: May 26-28 - training, May 29-30 conference
OWASP’s Global AppSec conferences bring together security professionals, engineers, developers and leaders to share and gain knowledge, in order to make the digital world a safer place for everyone. The Global AppSec Tel Aviv conference will take place by the sunny beach of Tel Aviv, and its main theme will be “AppSec: The Community of Innovation”. After all, you are visiting the start-up nation.
We invite you to submit your talk to one of the 6 tracks we have this year:
- Innovation - new and exciting vectors of AppSec
- Layer 8 - the humans and culture at AppSec
- Risk management - new regulations, more attack surfaces, how to handle them
- DevOps - IT is now part of R&D, this requires different skill sets for AppSec
- Builders - show us how to build more secured apps
- Breakers - show us how not to build more secured apps
These are just suggestions, feel free to be innovative:
- Web application security
- Mobile security
- Cloud and Serverless security
- Blockchain for security use
- Internet of Things
- Vulnerability analysis
- Threat modeling
- Penetration testing
- Application and solution architecture security
- Application level attacks
- Security for DevOps engineers
- Privacy controls
- Chairwoman - Shira Shamban
- Team members - TBA
This is a blind submission. We don’t care where you come from, what is your gender or what formal education you have. We care about bringing the most professional, interesting and innovative content to our audience. We will review the submissions and choose the talks according to the information you provide us about the content you intend to deliver.
Make sure we understand by your submission who is the target audience and what knowledge will they gain by attending your talk. All talks are vendor agnostic, we do not approve of product demos.
We are looking for new talks, not ones you’ve given in previous conferences. Our theme is innovation. If you wish to present a topic you’ve talked about in the past, please share with us what did you change.
We are working to dedicate a travel assistance budget for female speakers (and members of other underrepresented groups) that require it.
Unfortunately, as a community event designated to support the Foundation, we do not have an unlimited budget for all speakers. However if you are unemployed, or if your employer refuses to cover your costs of travel and you require financial assistance, we will try to work with you (upon acceptance) to help cover part of your costs of travel and accommodation so that you do not incur large expenses to come speak at our conference.
This will not affect your acceptance at all. We will not expect you to confirm attendance before we confirm how much assistance we can offer.
By your submission you agree to the OWASP Speaker Agreement. OWASP values vendor neutrality. You must use the OWASP presentation template and you’re not allowed to place marketing pitches in your slides. All presentation slides will be published on the conference website after the conference. Please make sure that any pictures and other materials in your slides don’t violate any copyrights. You are solely liable for copyright violations. You may choose any CC license for your slides, including CC0. OWASP does suggest open licenses.